Sunday, April 04, 2010

Begin Anew

I try not to go off on the sermons I hear at church because I don't want to be "one of THOSE people" who spouts out religion all the time. And also because I want to have my own ideas, not paraphrase the minister each week.

But today is Easter. And the minister spoke about how it is a time of rebirth, but also a time of starting over after a loss. Of picking up after the death of Jesus, or starting spring after the long winter. Of accepting loss, and moving forward with our lives, appreciating all the little moments it gives us.

And I couldn't help but remember the egg hunt we had this morning, and the candy and chocolate I had already consumed. And I thought about the loss of the control I had around cake. And then I rejoiced at the thought that my diet could start over again tomorrow, as I partook of the chocolate and jelly beans that would come into my life today.

I love candy.

1 comment:

Susan's Losin' said...

Happy Easter, Kathleen and isn't it great that every day is a new day!