Tuesday, April 06, 2010

Build Up

There are some jobs I just hate to do.

Emptying the dishwasher is one of them. I can wash dishes by hand. I can dry them. I can load the dishwasher. I can do all of the above. But I will let dishes build up in the sink for a whole day simply because I am putting off taking the clean dishes out and putting them away.

I'm the same way with the laundry. I load the washer up. I either put them in the dryer or, on sunny and warm days, put them out in the sun to dry. I can then fold them up, and place them in the laundry basket. But getting them from the basket to the correct drawers is... painful. I hate it. As a result, the clean laundry sometimes builds up until we run out of clothes in the drawers or until all the baskets are full and I need an empty one.

Why? Why do I resist these particular jobs? I mean, by then most of the work is done, right? It's like doing the research, writing the paper, and then just not spell checking because you're too tired.

3 comments:

Lindax0x0x0x0x said...

Oooo, me toooooo! And you have more room and baskets than I do! I did 3 loads of laundry last week, dried it, even hung the delicates, folded everything & then left itall sitting, neatly folded, on the couch for days! What is wrong with me???

Jean said...

you're not alone -- I'm guilty too!

Jean said...
This comment has been removed by the author.