Wednesday, April 14, 2010

Reason #68

Every week, when I come home from choir practice, I take the trash out for the trash collectors the next day. And that can be a bit of a pain, especially when it's cold, or there is snow.

But when I look up, know what I see? Thousands and thousands of stars! Take THAT, city people! We've got STARS here! There are NO stars in the city. Well, unless you count the planetarium. But you have to pay an entrance fee, and here they are free. Sure, you have to get the weather just right and not overcast.

Honestly, looking up at the stars is overwhelming. I wish I could find other constellations besides the big dipper. It's just that none of them look like what they are called. Big Bear? Really? Orion's Belt? What?

2 comments:

Lindax0x0x0x0x said...

Orion is my favourite constellation. I can usually find his belt easier than either dipper. I think I like him best because Betelgeuse is there with Sirius & Rigel. I can almost see him drawing the bow & the dogs at his feet. You need a sky map. Or a kid in the scouts.

Jamie said...

I miss stars. Orion? It's spelled 'Orion'? I always thought it was 'O'Ryan'. I guess the first people who named the constellations weren't Irish.