Monday, April 12, 2010

Time Out

So last night I got sick.

As I lay there in my misery, I thought about which would be worse, food poisoning or a stomach bug.

A stomach bug would mean that other people could get it, and it could spread to the kids. That would mean laundry, comforting small children when I'd rather be sleeping, etc.

But if it was something I ate, then I was stupid enough to eat it. And what's more, I probably cooked it. And since we all eat meals as a family, chances are someone else ate it, too. (Unless it was the fish. None of the kids touched the fish.)

Anyway, here we are, the evening of the following day. No one else has gotten ill. I still feel achy, as though I've been hit by a truck, and then immediately gave birth to twenty pound triplets. And I can't smell food without gagging. Making lunch for the boys was really fun, let me tell you.

Being sick with kids is just no fun. There is no respect for you or your time, or your need to sleep, or not to smell pizza cooking. But the kids were really kind of good today. And Nick even wrote me a Get Well card, in words, and of his own volition.

I kept thinking I should call Lillian for some backup, but lunch was really the hardest part. We just sat and watched TV and napped all day. And I keep telling myself I'm all better and I'll be fine. And then I stand up.

3 comments:

Jamie said...

feel better kathleen!!!!

Lindax0x0x0x0x said...

O, noooo! I hope you are feeling much, much better today.

g. fox said...

Feel better, mama!