Tuesday, April 04, 2006


A few words about SPAM... and I'm not talking about the pre-pckaged "meat product" you would find at the grocery store.

I received my first SPAM comment yesterday. Up until now, I had been confused about the concept. I visit blogs where you have to do a words verification to leave a comment. These random letters appear and they look like they havebeen twisted by a funhouse mirror, and you have to retype them to prove that you can read them. Somehow this prevents the blog from getting SPAM comments.

I have yet to turn this word verification do-hicky on for this blog for a few reasons. The first is my mother - she already can't figure out how to leave a comment. Adding this extra step might keep her from EVER BEING ABLE TO LEAVE A COMMENT EVER! Plus it's just a pain. But the second, and more important reason, is that I just hadn't been getting SPAM comments AT ALL!

This all changed yesterday, when I got my first request to visit a website and find out more about becoming a mystery shopper. Needless to say, the comment was deleted. Alhough I haven't turned on this word verification yet, I might end up doing it is other evil mystery shopper hunters start leaving me comments. So please consider this a warning.

ANOTHER WORD ON SPAM... kind of. Steve is taking me to see Spamalot! in Boston on Sunday. I am very excited. This is our first real date since Nate was born.

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Maybe he'll buy you flowers too!