Sunday, April 16, 2006


HAPPY EASTER EVERYONE!

When I was a kid we'd celebrate Easter by dressing up in frilly dresses with petticoats and hats - well, my sisters and I would, and my brothers wore suits. Then we'd go to church - the only time we'd go to church all year long - to hear the pretty music. (Once my brother actually whined "Do we HAVE to go to church EVERY YEAR?" It doesn't matter what you do or how often you do it - children will complain.) When we got home we would have our Easter Egg Hunt, and then we'd have a fancy meal of lamb and mint jelly or duck or a roast or something.

But I will celebrate this year by telling you a SPRING STORY about... you-know-who... NICHOLAS! Who else?

Yesterday we were outside, celebrating the warmth of the season. I was working on weeding my hopeful flower bed. Steve was playing with Nick. He stopped by Nate's bassinet to say hello. Nate sneezed, and Steve said "Hey! I got your sneeze on me from all the way over here!" Then Steve lay back, staring up at the blue, blue sky... and that's when Nick walked up to him and threw up on his head.

I ususally hate throwing up. I have to clean the floor, do laundry, plus I have to immediately find a way to comfort Nick without picking him up, which is what he wants me to do. But this time I also had to deal with Steve, who kept saying "My hair... it's in my hair." I have to say, it was totally worth it to have this little incident tucked away inside my brain.

We are all fine now, and clean. Happy Easter!

3 comments:

LARISSA said...

LOL. GREAT story. i shall be sharing this with my other parental friends. So why did Nick throw up?

Anonymous said...

I should know better than to read your blog while I am sitting in the really quiet control room waiting for the show to begin...but I forgot & laughed out louad. Everyone turned around & gave me the hairy eyeball! but this was too good!!!

Jamie said...

PRICELESS