Saturday, April 29, 2006

No Respect


When I read to Nicholas I sometimes let him "read" some of the words to me. Obviously he's not reading, but if I say something like "I do not like Green Eggs and Ham, I do not like them... " he will say "Sam I Am." Or at least "Am AM" which is pretty darn close. If I say "then the baby bird saw a..." and there's a picture of a dog on the page, he will say "Dog." He's pretty smart that way. Plus, we've read these books so many times that he could probably recite them from memory if he had the vocabulary.

The name of the book is "Are You My Mother?" In case you don't know it, or have no imagination whatsoever, it's about a baby bird looking for his mother.

"What is this Snort going to do to me?" said the baby bird. "Where is it taking me? I want to go home! I WANT MY...?"

Nick takes his sip cup out of his mouth just long enough to say "Dada."

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Of course, Daddies get all the credit; Mommies do all the work! But if there's any consolation, when they're inconsolable, it's only Mommy who can make it all better.