Monday, April 10, 2006


My sister Anne-E was here for a visit this past weekend.

Anne-E lives in San Francisco, and I only get to see her two or three times a year, so it's kind of a big deal when she decides to just come out for a weekend. But she loves Nick, and she had never even seen Nate in person.

I love my sister. But I have to tell you I questioned her motives while she was here. Within the first 12 hours of her visit she managed to wedge both of Nathan's legs into one pant-leg while changing his diaper, put the diaper on the baby backwards, and drop the baby on the floor. That's right, she DROPPED MY BABY!

It was an accident. The carrier the baby was in can be tricky. The handle thingy was in the wrong position, Nate wasn't strapped in, and he has this way of scootching down. When she picked it up he slipped onto the floor and started crying. He was more upset than hurt. In fact, we don't think he was hurt at all. He was fine. We told Anne-E it was fine. But she felt bad anyway.

I'm so glad she came out here. We just don't see enough of her. Our lives are very, very different, and we live on opposite sides of the country. But all that is OK. As long as she keeps making visits.

Anne-E, I promise you that we wil somehow get out there to see you before too long, OK?

2 comments:

Debs said...

So just how many sisters and brothers do you have? It's great fun reading about all the stuff you do. Did you enjoy Spamalot?

Anonymous said...

Thanks, Kat. I'm sure I'll be getting tons of babysitting jobs now. It was great to see you. Nato passed the resiliency test. He is now officially welcome into the family. I've also started saying "ssssssssssssssssssssssssssssssssuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuurrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrre" instead of "yes." A la Nicky.