Tuesday, April 11, 2006


Last night Nathan decided that it wasn't worth sleeping unless he was pretending to nurse at the same time. I kept feeding him until his body went limp and he stopped sucking. Then I would oh so carefully brgin him to the crib and place him on the matress...

... and he would almost immediately begin kicking and making those "heh heh heh" sounds that exist simply to give you some time to fix the problem and avoid the real screams.

We did this four or five times before I realized that I needed sleep badly enough to qualify me as insane. I went on a mad search for the one remaining pacifier we have in the house, but it took me a while to find it, as it had fallen out of the carrier in the TV room and wedged itself under the giant football pillow. Once I gave him the pacifier I could still hear him fussing, but the screams were somewhat muffled. I had to go back in twice to replace the pacifier, but I didn't care. At least I wasn't nursing him and awake.

This happened because he slept all day yesterday. I will not be making the same mistake today. Oh no. Back to our Schedule, like it or not.

1 comment:

Debs said...

What a cute photo. It looks like he's floating through the air!