Friday, April 07, 2006

Yesterday I actually purchased a double stroller.

Because I already had a child in the recent past, there was very little we needed to purchase for Nathan's arrival. Baby clothes? Check. Infant car seat? Check. I bought a bassinet so that I would have a few extra weeks to transfer Nick to his Big Boy Bed. But other than that, Nathan got nothing. From us. He was showered with gifts from family and friends.

But I knew at some point I would need a double stroller. Up until now I have either been pushing Nate and having Nick walk - carrying him half the time. Or I have been pushing Nick and carrying Nate in the Bjorn thingy, which is great, but I can't bend over or carry anything too heavy. When Nick was born I got a great stroller that weighed 50 pounds and was about the size of my Saturn. In fact, it would not fit IN my Saturn, which caused some problems. So I then had to buy a second, more portable stroller. This is a great stroller, but I now had two kids.

Yesterday was the day. I packed up the kids and headed off to Babies-R-Us, or The Huge Store I Hate. I seriously hate this store. But I can never find a place that gives me the variety of products. Except on the internet, which doesn't count, because let's face it, I want to SEE what I buy. I need to know how it will fold up so I can picture myself taking it to France and Tennessee and on my frequent trips to Hong Kong. PORTABILITY. FOLDABILITY. Will they let me check it as baggage without forcing me to treat it as an oversize item?

I really, really, really liked the Aria Twin MT for some reason. (Mom - the underlined type is a link - click on it and you will see the stroller I'm talking about.) If this stroller were a car, we'd already own it. It is that cool. It "drives" so smoothly, and folds up flat like a pancake! But it was the most expensive stroller in the place.

I ended up with the Twin Savvy Sport Stroller which is also really cool. (Mom - LINK!) This stroller cost a bit less (still more than I wanted to spend) But it is also WAY COOL! It folds DOUBLE. So you make it flat and then fold it IN HALF! OK, it's a bit heavier than the other one, but it's easier to carry, it has machine washible pads...

The other thing is, Nick loves it. Ever since we got the stroller home he has been sitting in it. He napped in it yesterday. He cried when I took him out to eat lunch. It's great! He'll just sit there while I fold laundry or make dinner, smiling. "Cha?" He asks. "Sit?"

I will post a photo of the boys in their new stroller soon, I promise.

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Wow! I followed both links & checked out both strollers. I really like the one you got despite the less expensive price tag. And better than me liking it, Nick loves it & that's all that should really matter!

Wish I could be with you all this summer. Hope to see you in NYC!