Thursday, April 13, 2006


We all have a cold. Yesterday night Nicholas threw a fit at being put to bed, sobbing and wailing. After an hour of listening to him, we finally went and got him, and then all sat down to watch a movie. Nick fell asleep during the movie (that was the idea) but he woke up about ten times during the night just to cry. I kept Nate in with me so he wouldn't get woken up, and so I wouldn't bother Nick going into his room for midnight feedings.

Of course, Nate woke up only once for the first time in over a week.

This morning Nick is congested. Nathan keeps sneezing. And I have one of those sinus headaches. Feeling less than 100% is completely different when you have kids. Nobody really cares. They still want their juice and their TV shows. They still want to play outside. They still expect clean utensils and clean clothes and diapers. It's fine, though. I'm looking forward to taking the boys into my bed and all having a big long nap there.

1 comment:

Debs said...

I wish you all better. I know how horrid being ill is - I've had lots of practice at it.