Friday, April 21, 2006


This morning I went to change Nick's diaper, as usual, but I noticed something odd while shoving the diaper into the diaper bin. The diaper was the wrong color.

Steve gave Nick a bath last night. Apparently he put one of Nathan's diapers on Nick. I should have known something was wrong when Nicholas wailed for an hour instead of settling down to go to bed, but it never would have occurred to me to check that he had the right diaper on.

I haven't told Steve yet, since he was in a rush to get to work this morning. I would be horrified and a little angry, but in the past two days, not only have I also tried to put one of Nate's diapers on Nick, but I have also almost put one of Nick's diaper's on Nate. We're talking about a diaper the same size as he is. I only noticed when the tabs reached just under his armpits.

I've said it before, although not on this blog: Thank Goodness for Velcro Tabs!

1 comment:

Jamie said...

It doesn't sound like as big of a mistake as it could have been. It's not like you guys tried to put the diaper on gunther or something like that. at the same time, i do sympathize with nick. i'd feel pretty uncomfortable wearing nate's diaper too.