Tuesday, January 22, 2008

1978 - A Good Year


Andrew really gets into his renditions of HAPPY BIRTHDAY! This time he's singing to Anne-E, who turns 30 today.

Many people think the Blizzard of '78 refers to a snowstorm. In fact, it is a reference to the birth of my sister. Because that's how much of an impact her being born had. Honestly, I have to tell you, I have no memories of snow that year. But I can vividly remember picking her up from the hospital. Aunt Frances was with us. Both Winston and I were crawling over each other in the back seat of the yellow VW. Mom sat in the front with baby Anne-Elizabeth in her arms... these days we would have had to travel via SUV in order to fit all the car seats and baby parphernalia.

Anyway, Anne-E is far away in South America, so I can't call her on the phone. Not because they don't have phones, but because I don't have a number for her there. HAPPY BIRTHDAY, ANNE-E! I love you! Have Fun Today!

As a side note, Anne-E is traveling with LP, whose adventures in Argentina are being documented here!

2 comments:

Jamie said...

alalala, happy birthday anne-e. she never emailed me her phone number when she said she was going to, the punk so I can't call her either.

Lindax0x0x0x0x said...

Happy birthday, Anne-E Wood, happy birthday to ya! 'Cause we want your birthday good, we sing this little song to ya! Hooray! Now blow out the candles on your Argentinian flautas or flan or whatever!