Saturday, January 05, 2008

I Heart Huckabee?

I have to first say that I hadn't considered Huckabee winning ANYTHING. Mostly because his name is "Huckabee" and I immediately picture straw hats and teddy bears and men in giant Bee costumes. But maybe also because New England has Romney. Romney Romney Romney. And frankly there are so many other Republican candidates that I would vote for first. Not that I'm even voting republican. But you get my drift.

The primaries are fast approaching here in NH. That means many, many signs on the road. It also means that our mail has increased in volume... but just because we get at least seven flyers each day from hopeful presidential candidates. And also our phone... oh, our phone.

Our phone has been ringing off the hook. Thank goodness for caller ID. If I don't recognize the number, I do not pick up. If the call says "Out Of Area" I do not pick up. If the call is from "Obama For American President" I do not pick up. Because quite honestly I DO NOT CARE. I WISH I felt so passionately about a candidate, that I trusted a candidate enough to make phone calls for him / her on my personal cell phone, that I felt I could dedicate my time and effort for the cause... but I don't. I think they are all fools and crooks and I trust none of them. At least Edwards has good hair.

Steve likes to pick up the phone and harass the survey takers, asking them if he'll be paid. Which is funny, but when the phone rings seven times in an evening I start to get annoyed. It's like hearing the same joke seven times. A joke that makes you feel a little uncomfortable.

Anyway, our phone issues aside, I can't wait for this part to be over. I hate politics so much. I mean the election part of it. Honestly, why all the campaigning? Do you know ANYONE who's ever changed their mind about issues or a candidate once they have made up their mind ten minutes into election year?

1 comment:

Lou said...

Oh my god, THANK YOU for posting this. I couldn't agree more. It's ridiculous how many times they've called us. I'm sorry but I'm trying to keep my 2 year old from burning paper in our toaster while also trying to bathe one twin and put the other twin's pacifier back in before she has a meltdown. I don't want to talk to some stranger about my political beliefs. And here I thought the religious wackadoos who knock on my door every weekend morning were bad. It's just like you said, who changes their political or religious views after receiving an unsolicited visit or phone call from a stranger? Sorry for ranting in your comments - it's just I've been complaining about this very thing for weeks now.