Friday, January 11, 2008

Sheets

Quick Question of anyone... and everyone. How often do you change your sheets? And how often do you feel they SHOULD be changed. (I know the two are not always the same.)

When I was at college I changed my sheets a few times a year. Usually only when I spilled something on them, or when they started smelling so bad I couldn't take it anymore. But back then I did laundry once every few weeks at best. (Hey, if I showered more than once a week back then it was a big deal.)

Steve told me last night that the sheets on our bed shouldn't need changing more than once a month. At one point in my life I would have totally agreed with him, but Steve sweats. And also, I should confess, I have been sweating a lot at night. And since I do laundry every day anyway... Seriously, what do normal people do?

7 comments:

Jamie said...

i think it should be twice a month. it also depends on if you shower before bed or if you shower in the morning.

Lou said...

I think once a week is ideal but admit that I sometimes only change mine once every two weeks.

Debs said...

hmmm, that reminds me. I think I changed mine in the week before Christmas. Excuse me a minute...

(but I have been showering every day, and they don't smell or anything)

Lindax0x0x0x0x said...

Once a week people, once a week!!! whether they need it or not! If there is ahem, "activity" taking place upon the sheets, more frequently!!!! There are dust mites eating your slughed off skin cells -- millions & millions of mites on those sheets!!! PS Time of showering does not matter to the mites.

Debs said...

And, if you have bed bugs you need to wash them at a temperature of at least 60C, or put them in the freezer for a fortnght. Not that I would know anything about those though.

LP said...

Once a semester, people, once a semester. There are mites everywhere all the time anyway. Also detergent isn't necessarily good for your skin. If you're into the body funk, less frequently. Love, Aunt Anne-E.

Anonymous said...

P.S That was not LP's post. That would never, ever be LP's post.