Thursday, January 17, 2008

And So...


Nate's Birthday is always a little bit of a fiasco. It's right after Christmas, and everyone is out of ideas for gift giving, or out of energy to shop and decorate. Nick's birthday is at the end of May, and I go a bit nuts with the opportunity to get helium balloons and hang decorations and we throw a party on the weekend... And poor Nate's parties seem so small in comparison. Lucky for us he's only two, and I can correct the problem before he notices.

Yesterday Nicholas came down with a fever. We spent a lot of time cajoling him into taking medicine, which he was enthusiastic about the night before, when all he had was a small cough, but now that he needed it he refused to take it. But once he did, the party was a success.

We had pizza and a cake that said "HAPPY BIBTHDAY NATHAN" because I wrote it myself, and I messed up the R. He also got a gift with a card that said "To: Gramma and Grampa, From: Nae Happy Birthday." Which made me laugh. And he got a couple of toys, including a tricycle and a sleeping bag. The boys love the tricycle, but the sleeping bag won as MVP because Nathan could take it with him wherever he goes. He slept with it last night, and this morning began dragging it around the house with him.

Nicholas will have to skip his first gymnastics class, and I am taking him to the doctor.

3 comments:

Jamie said...

bummer dude! Feel better Nick. Happy BiBthday again Nathan.

Debs said...

Well, if the day had gone smoothly it wouldn't be half so memorable.

Lindax0x0x0x0x said...

Nick, I'm sorry you're sick...but at least you were well enough to partake of the birthday festivities! I hope you're your old self lickty-split!