Wednesday, January 02, 2008

Ch-Ch-Ch-Changes



I screamed a lot during this labor. I just did. It hurt. And then right after that I got a cold. And then right after THAT we had Christmas, and I was driving my kids somewhere and attempting to sing along with the radio, and that's when I realized my entire upper range had disappeared. I used to be a soprano. Now I can't hit anything out of my lower octave range. I can't help thinking that, at this point, I might never get my range back again. Not that it matters, since this particular talent of mine has been sitting on the sidelines for years. Still, it's scary and sad.

I still have the cold, too, so it could still be that.

But the point is, I can't call the boys anymore. Whenever my voice used to go up in pitch, it now just gets hoarse. Even when I'm perfectly sane I sound like on on the brink of a nervous breakdown. And my kids do not listen. Ever. So I have to repeat everything three times. And that makes me sound even loonier.

There were other things I wanted to say this morning, but I can't. I forgot what they are. And I'm too busy to sit here until I remember.

2 comments:

Jamie said...

it's still been a short time since the labor, and when you put the cold on top of it, you're due for some time to recover.

Anonymous said...

Happy New Year Kathleen, Steve, Nicholas, Nathan and Andrew.

Kathleen,

I'm enjoying all the wonderful pictures and videos.

Cuteness times 3 now!!!