Tuesday, January 08, 2008

Hurry Hurry Hurry!


Here is a photo of Andrew. For some reason, in this picture, his hair is red. Or at least redder than it is in real life.

Last year I had moments where I asked myself why I was in such a hurry. I mean, I don't have a JOB. It makes sense to be on time for school and nap and stuff, but nothing is written in stone, and it's not like we were hours behind schedule. So what was the rush? Why did I always have one eye on the clock?

I remember why now. It's because, when you have a baby, like Andrew, you realize that you only have so much time before that baby wakes up and starts screaming, or needs to be fed or changed. So when we go to the store these days, I'm frantic to get out so I won't have to feed the baby in the bathroom. When I'm getting the boys into pyjamas I don't want to dawdle over who's wearing what because the baby is RIGHT THERE and any moment he's going to erupt. So life becomes a game of Beat The Clock.

People think I'm nuts, don't they?

4 comments:

Jamie said...

He looks so much like Aunt Betty!

Jamie said...

Maybe I need a ticking time bomb in the form of a crying baby to motivate my procrastinating butt to do my freakin work.

Debs said...

But all the best people are nuts, right?!
Looks to me like you're doing a great job.

Lindax0x0x0x0x said...

Yes. But it has nothing to do with any Games or Clocks.