Thursday, January 31, 2008

Checklist

Even though I felt sick, yesterday I:

- fed the boys breakfast, cleaned up, and broke my TV rule because I felt too icky to manage anything else.

- got all of the boys ready to leave the house even though Nicholas was crying about how he did NOT want to go to school and refused to find, and then put on, his sneakers.

- took out the trash

- went to TWO different doctor's appointments, skipping Nathan's gymnastics class to make it to mine, which will make Nick's class today even more fun, since I have to take Nate with me to watch.

- did one load of laundry.

- picked up two different prescriptions of Amoxicillin. Apparently Andrew had a bad ear infection. But HE DIDN'T TELL ME! So how was I supposed to know. Seriously, babies should cry and be inconsolable and run high fevers and refuse to eat or sleep when they are sick. Andrew ran no fevers, ate fine, slept fine, hardly cried, and seemed in good spirits most of the time.

- broke my TV rule again in the afternoon.

- made dinner for my family, then cleaned up, then bathed the boys and put them to bed.

Being a parent is not a job where you can take sick days.

1 comment:

Lindax0x0x0x0x said...

Honey, you sound so tired. I wish one of us was there just to take a little bit of the load off for just a little while.