Wednesday, January 23, 2008

One For The Books


Yesterday I made an appointment to visit a Nurse Practitioner about my "difficulties" feeding Andrew. I was diagnosed with yeast infection. In my nipples. The bad news is that I'm apparently gross and yeasty. The good news is I can take medication! The bad news is that Andrew needs medication, too, because he could have it in his mouth. We've seen this before, with Nathan. It's called THRUSH. I take two pills, a couple of days apart. Easy! Andrew needs drops in each cheek and rubbed into his gums 4 times a day for 2 weeks. Not so easy.

I also had to take Nathan to the doctor because his cold was bad and he reached the point where he wouldn't stop crying. Or eat. Or drink. Or take medicine. Or be separated from me by more than a half inch. Or stop crying. For HOURS. There was a great moment where Andrew was crying, and Nate was crying and begging to be picked up, crying "Mommy!Mommy!" And for some reason (probably because the other kids were all doing it) Nicholas started to cry and wail "Daddy! Daddy!" I was trying to shepherd them all upstairs and change diapers for nap. I had to carry them up one at a time. Then I had to sit with Andrew on Nathan's bed while he cried and crawled all over me, and Nicholas stared at up from his own bed, weepy because I told him he couldn't join us... and of course he felt left out.

Then there was the afternoon visit to the doctor's office where the doctor said Nate had an ear infection and was given a perscription of the pink stuff. Then I got all three kids outside and into the car, everyone strapped in... then I realized the perscription was still in the doctor's office, so we all had to go back.

I had to make a chart to keep track of who gets what medicine when.

3 comments:

Jamie said...

AHHHHHH I would have called the doctor and begged them to bring the medicine out for you. Boo to everyone having problems that require medicine.

how are your biceps these days??

Lindax0x0x0x0x said...

Jamie's right -- you must have Popeye biceps by now! I am so sorry everyone is sick all at the same time. But I guess the good news is that your problem is easily taken care of with a couple of pills & you can go on to breatfeed for as long as you like! Feel better, Fleen! We all send love.

Anonymous said...

O poor you but I hope the painful breasts clear up soon. Just take deep breaths and take things one step at at time.