Wednesday, January 09, 2008

More Resolve

Now that we're more thn a week into the New Year, I thought I would finally do a post about Resolutions.

I actually make New Year's Resolutions. And no just ones about loosing weight. Like most of my lists, I keep this one short, to four or five different items, so that can maintain the illusion that all can be accomplished.

The thing is, within each individual resolution lies a number of smaller resolutions, the steps to the larger goal. For example, my BIG resolution might be "Get In Shape." The smaller resolutions would be "loose 20 lbs," "Fit into old jeans," "Run 5k again without stopping," and "Stop eating a box of pop tarts a day."

I'm not crazy enough to list all of my resolutions here, let alone the multiple sub-resolutions because, quite frankly and with all due respect, it is none of your business. I WILL say, however, that I'm having a hard time actually starting any of them. I know Andrew is a "Good" baby and only wakes up a couple of times a night. Two or three. As opposed to Nick, who would wake six to eight times a night until his first birthday. But I am still exhausted. And honestly I can't accomplish even half of what I want in this state.

1 comment:

Jean C said...

Resolutions, shmesolutions -- you are exempt this year -- eat all the poptarts you want and have some chocolate too.