Monday, March 31, 2008

Clutter

I have been trying, for about a year now, to reduce the clutter in my home. I have done this by packing away things I don't use, throwing away things that cannot be used, and finding homes for everything that we insist on keeping.

Somehow, though, I am unable to actually make a dent. Yesterday I was cleaning out some drawers and Nick kept rummaging through the piles I was making. "What are these cards? Can I have these cards? Are these stickers? I'm gonna use them right now. What do these keys go to? Can I use them in my airplane car right now?"

And of course anything new we buy comes with three times as much packaging as it should , not to mention that I have to figure out what to do with the item being replaced.

2 comments:

Jamie said...

the apple has not fallen far from the tree. hey, can andrew focus his eyes now?

Kathleen said...

YES he can focus his eyes. And see things across the room. And react to them. He recognizes people - people other than me. Like Steve and Nick and Nate. It's actually kind of fun.