Saturday, March 01, 2008

Dr. Nick


I have actually started running on my treadmill again. It's a bit harder this time around, because I was doing so well before I stopped, and I am anxious to get back to that point. I am not really a patient person. But my body keeps reminding me that, no, I can't just hop up and start running five miles in thirty minutes Just Like That. I need to warm up and then build up to it. Because I am, after all, in my thirties, and I am still not sleeping through the night, and am still kind of recovering from being pregnant, and my lungs and my muscles, and my JOINTS just can't take it.

The other day I was feeling really good about my run, until I hopped off the treadmill and realized my knee was hurting. So much, in fact, that I couldn't walk up the stairs using that leg. I had to walk sideways and use my right leg each time.

Nicholas noticed this, and asked about it.
"Did you bump your knee?"
"No, I just hurt it."
"Did you cut it?"
"No, it wasn't like that. My knee just hurts when I walk. That's all."
Nick thought about this for awhile. Then his face lit up as he found an answer.
"Maybe you could just hop on one foot!"

2 comments:

Lindax0x0x0x0x said...

What's "Doraemon"? Is it a combination of Dora & Demon (like daemon???) It is a nwe Dora character? Is it Dora in Japanese? Look how cute Nick is! Sticky, but cute!

Debs said...

Genius!
I hope the knee's feeling better, and don't work out on it until it really is better.
I'm hoping to get on my treadmill this afternoon -I've had a chest infection so not been able to wrok out all week, but think I'm about well enough to have a go today. Yay! I can't believe that I am addicted to the treadmill, but I really am. Shows how much I've changed over the last few months.
Sorry, this was meant to be about you and somehow I started talking about me.
Big hugs.