Saturday, March 22, 2008

Good Friday


Since tomorrow is Easter, that means that yesterday was Good Friday. I didn't know what Good Friday was until I was in high school. But it's the Friday before Easter. Steve told me last night it is supposed to be the darkest day of the year, to mark 24 hours without Jesus ( and then asked me not to ask about time zones.) For some reason this translates into not eating meat.

I celebrated Good Friday by going on a date with my husband to Boston, eating lamb (which I just do not ever eat, so please don't ask what got into me) and watching a stage production of Avenue Q! It was SO GREAT. I had a lot of fun and enjoyed myself immensely. In fact, Nick and Nate were at their Grammy's all night, so I'm still reeling with liberation.

2 comments:

Jamie said...

awesome! I'm so glad you guys had a chance to go out!

Jules said...

YAY Fleen! SO glad that you got to have a night out! So well deserved. And Avenue Q! Jane & I saw it in NY and absolutely Loved it! Glad you glad a fun evening! And Happy Easter!