Friday, March 14, 2008

A New Day



Yesterday Steve offered to watch the boys in the afternoon while I went to buy a new pair of running shoes... He OFFERED! But instead of buying new running shoes (I need to go to a special place to get fitted and I don't know where yet) I went to Target. And I completely lost track of time, and got a whole bunch of cute easter stuff. For the Easter Bunny. Who needs to be careful because last year he came too early and I ended up having to visit him for a few more chocolate bunnies. Because I ate the first ones.

But FIRST I took a nap. See, Andy hasn't been sleeping as well as he used to. In fact, the night before last he was waking up every hour. And apparently it affected my mood a LOT more than I thought it had. Yesterday I put the boys in bed, and then crawled into my own. Two and a half hours later I realized that it was three thirty, and I had been dreaming, and I had no idea if the boys were awake or asleep or what.

It turned out they were asleep, which alarmed me a bit because I usually wake everyone up at 3pm no matter what, so that they can fall asleep at 7:30 with no problem. But there it was, 3:30, and I was just getting up myself and I felt more rested then than I had in DAYS. Maybe years.

Thanks to all who offered words of encouragement yesterday. Being a mother can be difficult, and there is very often no feedback. Unless you count people telling you what you SHOULD be doing. Or until the kids get to be teenagers and they tell you they hate you. I guess every parent has a few moments of feeling unequipped and overwhelmed. I feel MUCH better today.

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

so glad. What a great husband and you obviously needed that sleep too.

Lindax0x0x0x0x said...

Mmmmmm, chocolate bunnies!