Friday, March 07, 2008

Every Button Pushed

There are times around here when things runs smoothly. The boys find their shoes and hop into the car without fussing. They get out of the tub and put on their PJ's with no fuss. They let me tuck then into bed and kiss them good night and then walk right out the door.

But other times... the boys go nuts. I'm not sure what it is. It isn't misbehavior exactly, although sometimes the boys fight more and bonk each other over the head more. But mostly it's just... somehow Nick slips seven times while I'm making dinner and Nathan manages to hit his head five times on something ordinary, like the wall.

Last night I had the hardest time giving the boys their bath. Nicholas suggested they take turns so that Nate wouldn't splash him - something that happens EVERY NIGHT because Nate loves the water and Nicholas happens to be allergic and screams whenever a drop of water hits him on the face. So I thought taking turns might be reasonable.

Then I ended up with Nick peeing on the bath mat, Nate throwing a fit because we're out of his pull ups, and both boys eating toothpaste off the floor.

I don't know if it's the baby, or just Nate's age, but it seems these out of control moments are happening more and more often. I need a PLAN.

2 comments:

Lindax0x0x0x0x said...

I got nuttin'. I think what you really need is to clone yourself so each of the boys can have a 'mommy' of their own when they get like that (you know what I mean). So, that unrealistic idea aside, perhaps those out there with multiple kids of their own have some suggestions that will help. But you are the bestest mommy I know!!!

Debs said...

How about a plan that involves you lying on\in bed in a darkened room while the magical bedtime fairies take care of putting the boys to bed.

(sorry, I know it's not realistic, but thought the picture of it might help pull you through?!)