Tuesday, December 22, 2009

The Gift That Keeps On Giving

As you can imagine, I'm a little busy these days, and struggling not to forget anything.

Yesterday, while I was away, the cleaning people came to clean my house. They currently come every three weeks and give me a week off sucking up the dogs hairs and cleaning the bathrooms, although I am still not convinced that I don't do a better job. Regardless, I love when they come because it gives me a little free time.

Yesterday one of the ladies brought Gunther a Christmas treat. A whole box of them, actually. Or so I was told. I never actually saw them because, when she got here, she placed them on the counter. And when Steve walked in a few moments later, they were gone.

That's right. My dog ate a month's worth of treats in one sitting.

The poor woman was horrified, but Steve assured her Gunther has done worse. Which he has.

And yesterday night when I walked into the boys' room to read them a story, there was a huge puddle of dog vomit. And this morning another in one of the other rooms.

I spent this afternoon lugging out the carpet cleaner to get out the stains. So much for a time saver.

1 comment:

g. fox said...

poor dumb Gunther. and poor you for having to clean up his puppy puke!
why aren't you HERE ALREADY!?!