Saturday, December 26, 2009

Mourning Christmas



There is often something melancholy about the day after Christmas. It's kind of like how I feel on Sundays. I'm well aware that I have time off and that I still can enjoy myself, but I can already se Monday on the horizon. And although the tree is still up (although mostly just bare branches at this point) and the boys still have a good chunk of vacation, I can see February hovering in the distance. The party is over, the cold winter is ahead, and there's almost a year until Christmas.

OK, OK, I'm being dramatic, but you know what I mean.

We had a lovely day yesterday. Nicholas was up before 4am asking to open his gifts, and we were only just able to hold them back until 6. There was a whirlwind of paper, a whooshing sound, some shouts, and the living room was completely trashed before 7. Lillian came over, and she helped Steve fix a wonderful meal. We are an incredibly lucky bunch.

3 comments:

Lindax0x0x0x0x said...
This comment has been removed by the author.
Lindax0x0x0x0x said...

I hope to all that is holy that Andrew just ate some pasta & hasn't gotten into the self-tanning cream!

Jamie said...

looking forward to christmas part deux in the osborne!!