Thursday, December 17, 2009

Time Flies


First off, I have to make a confession. The gingerbread train I posted a picture of is NOT MINE! Which is to say that we made it, but it was from a kit. It's a pre-fab train. And although I'd love to take the credit for it because it's so much more original than the pre-fab house (which I also purchased for an activity earlier next week), I can't take the credit for it. I am simply not that creative.

And it is already not as intact as it used to be.

But what today's post is really supposed to be about is time. Because today was Andy's second birthday. My baby actually turned two today, making him the oldest "baby" I have ever had. And although he's only just two, emotionally he's way ahead of himself. He's been throwing "Terrible Two Tantrums" now for months, and has passed the "No!" stage. Now he's moved on to "No Way!" As in "Andy, would you like a cracker?" "NO WAY!"

This month also happens to be the fourth birthday of this blog. I have been posting for four years. FOUR YEARS! If you've never tried to keep a blog before then you have no idea how challenging it can be to come up with topics to write about, or words to write them with, even if the content seems fluffy or repetitious and is poorly written and filled with typos.

So I'd like to take you to take a few steps into my time machine, make yourselves comfortable, and travel back with me... back, back, back....

To this day last year. We had no power because of the ice-storm, and Andy's birthday was celebrated thanks to a generator and cupcakes that Lillian bought.

And now let's go back even further, to before Andrew, when we were just wondering what he was going to be like. And oh, how things have changed.

The year before I was just learning to cope with two boys and getting ready for Christmas.

Oh! That reminds me - we visited Santa today! All three boys. And at some point I'll post to picture. After all, taking your kids to see Santa is a huge tradition that should at least get a mention. And as for a link.... well, you'll just have to accept this, one of the very first photos I posted on this blog.

3 comments:

Jamie said...

happy birthday andy and blog!!! now who is holding that sharp object in the background?

Kathleen said...

Ha! It does kind of look like a sharp blade, doesn't it? But it's really just the ribbon my doll came wrapped in.

Lindax0x0x0x0x said...

Happy Birthday Andy & Blog!!