Saturday, December 05, 2009

Snuggies for Everyone

Today I went Christmas shopping.

This is actually a big deal for me. You have to remember that, even in the slowest of retail times, I usually refuse to do any shopping on the weekends. Why bother when I can go during the week, when many people work or go to school? As a result, whenever I go shopping and have to wait in a line consisting of more that 1 person in front of me, I consider it a long wait.

But I needed to do some shopping without children. So I waited until Steve could be with them.

I consider a Christmas Season a success if I do not have to go to Toys R Us. If taking this into account, I can consider this shopping season a bust. Because I went there today, not once, but twice. Once to look for a toy I couldn't find anywhere else, and the second time because I found it somewhere else for considerably less, however the other toy I was looking for at store #2 wasn't there, so I made an exchange. I NEVER return items or make exchanges. I am more apt to just keep what I don't want and give it to someone else as a gift later on.

I went not to one mall, but to two, walking around both of them.

And I still have 5 people I need gifts for.

Some people dislike the music at Christmas. Others tacky decorations. I can live with them both, even though I have my dislikes in both categories. What I hate most is trying to find gifts for the same people year after year, and getting stuck on the same people year after year. I hate asking people what they would like and getting no reply. I hate thinking I've found something suitable and finding it on a shelf, in the packaging, when I come visit. I like giving gifts, but for some people it's a lot easier than other people, and a lot more rewarding.

After my crazy day, please enjoy listening to my song of the day, and imagine me singing it. It shouldn't be too hard to do, as I've come pretty close once or twice.

1 comment:

g. fox said...

if you're really getting everyone snuggies... can I request that mine be a Red Sox one? I've been a very good girl this year! xoxox