Saturday, December 19, 2009

Holiday Cheer

One thing few people associate with Christmas is catastrophe. Catastrophe comes in many forms, and thank goodness I'm not referring to anything too serious. But last year we did have that ice storm that left us without power for over a week. And as I type this many people are buried in snow without power or the ability to leave their homes. So much for their Holiday gatherings. I hope they finished their shopping.

Something else people rarely think of with Christmas is illness. It just doesn't fit into the Holiday Picture. But as it is just a regular day, and illness can strike at any time, people sometimes are too ill to join in. We did have a Christmas once when I was a child where everyone had the stomach flu.

Well... I'm sick now. My throat hurts. My ears hurt. My muscles and joints hurt. Watching TV makes me restless and moving around makes me dizzy and tired. In fact, it could snow or not snow, bury us or pass us by completely, I do not care. I can't even think about wrapping gifts or cleaning my home or getting the teacher gifts we made to our much appreciated teachers. I just want to fall asleep and wake up cured.

3 comments:

Anne-E. said...

Tell Nathan to stop choking Nicholas. Yikes.

Jamie said...

fluids, fluids, fluids get some shut eye and eat some warm soup- muah!!!! feel better!!!!

Lindax0x0x0x0x said...

Hee hee hee! Love that picture! True brotherly love!