Monday, December 21, 2009

The Strain Of Simple

It's Christmas this week.

This is when the panic really hits.

This is the week that I'm passing out the teacher gifts, and leaving little somethings for the mail person, the trash guys, the women that come in and clean my home every three weeks.

This is the week when I start to realize that some of the gifts I have are sorely lacking, especially for a few special people, and I rack up rush delivery fees and run around like a headless partridge in a pear tree. There is no way to grab anything really special at this late a date, but at least I can pile on a huge load of mediocre or tacky.

This is the time when I remember that I never got anything for my husband.

This is the week when the decorations start to fail. The pine needles fall off the tree almost faster than the boys can knock them down, and the candles I place in the windows burn out bulbs at a rate of two a day. The tree decorations mysteriously move higher and higher up the tree, and the candy canes simply disappear.

This is when I realize I usually shop for groceries on Friday, only this year that day is CHRISTMAS! And now I not only have to find the time to squeeze in a shopping trip with at least two hyper and overly sugared children, but I need to make a list and figure out what it is we will eat all week, and on Christmas day, and on Christmas eve!

Not to mention what I'm going to make the kids for lunch tomorrow.

Does anyone know what this is all about?

1 comment:

Lindax0x0x0x0x said...

It will all get done -- it always does. And everyone will be in awe of how much you have managed to do. I can't believe you do what you do on a daily basis. Go, Fleen!