Wednesday, December 09, 2009

Bah, Humbug!

There's something about the light bouncing off the snow that makes snow photos just glow. It doesn't, however, let you see Andy's eyes under his hat. The poor kid gets outside and he can't see where he's going and his boots keep falling off. It made it very difficult this morning when I bundled the three kids up so that I could shovel our driveway. We do have a snowblower, but Steve was away this morning, and was going to have to pick him up from the bus station. And I don't know how to use the snowblower yet.

I suppose I could have left it, but it was supposed to snow and snow, then rain, then freeze and ice. And the last thing I wanted was five inches of icy slush in my driveway.

Fortunately for me, the neighbor has a plow and was neighborly and plowed for us. Santa should bring him lots of cookies!

So here we are - first real snowstorm of the season, first snowday, and I'm already grumpy about it. It seems like a perfect place to post one of my first impressions of A Christmas Carol. There are three billion versions of this movie including many modernized versions (Scrooged), a musical (Scrooge!), and this one, one of the very first versions that I saw, and so much more interesting than the boring black and white ordeals - A Christmas Carol.... with Rich Little. In every role.

I was such a strange child.

.

3 comments:

Jamie said...

oh i love this he looks like a cartoon! your neighbors sound awesome!

Jamie said...

I am going to have these three pictures printed, framed, and hung on my office cubicle.

g. fox said...

I have only one thing to say:
The Muppet Christmas Carol.