Wednesday, September 15, 2010

Apple Picking

We went apple picking with the kids at a place near our home. Here's what I learned:

It is impossible to know which rows of apples are for picking and which aren't ready yet.

Honeycrisp apples are good.

Andy will eat any apple he picks.

Nick likes the big green apples.

Nate will drop any apple he bites into once on the ground.

None of the kids will walk to the bag once they've picked an apple, they will stand there and wave the apple around shouting "Bag, Please!" until I walk over there so they can drop it in.

Apples are much much much less expensive at the grocery store.

No one needs more than fifty apples. Ever. For anything.

2 comments:

Lindax0x0x0x0x said...

Hmm, baked apples, sauted apples, apple pie, apple butter, apple sauce, apple/bacon popovers, apple muffins, apple kugel, apple bread, apple scones, apple pancakes, apple tart, apple cheddar or apple peanut butter sandwiches, apple salad, apple slaw, apple juice, apple salsa, apple-squash bake...I could go on, but who could eat it all? Skip it -- it was all fun in the sun in the orchard!

Debs said...

We brought a bunch of fallers back from my Grandma's tree. I suspect that when i go over to my mum's this morning I'll be helping her peel, and chop them and generally prepping them for the freezer.
I'm with Linda on this one, there are so many things you can do with them.
The problem with the fallers is that they're bug-y and won't keep as long as the ones you pick yourself off the tree, but still worth while.