Saturday, September 11, 2010

Mini Golf

Playing mini golf with our kids is kind of like handing them power tools in a crowded mall.

Seriously, they swing those things all over the place. They don't play golf, they play hockey. And by the eleventh hole, they don't even pretend to be taking turns. Andy doesn't even pretend to use his club, he just picks up the golf ball and rolls it, sometimes just walking right over to the hole and dropping it in. Which would be fine, if Nick and Nate weren't swinging their clubs all over the place. They swing them as though they were trying to get the ball to go three hundred yards instead of ten feet.

We always end up wedged between two groups of people, the ones in front taking their time, re-taking shots, posing for photographs, and then the ones behind us professional speed mini-golfers.

By the end of the course, I'm just happy we finished. Because I'm tired of being the crazy lady yelling "Get Off The Green!"

I had fun. I did. I just think ten holes were enough.

1 comment:

Lindax0x0x0x0x said...

I remember a round of mini-golf in France where we decided the rules were "play it while in motion!" & the only score you could have at the end of each hole was "fore!" shouted loudly & excitedly. The French thought we were complete idiots, but I don't think I've ever laughed so much. I think you had to be there. But your boys will also have similar memories -- & you had fun!