Friday, September 17, 2010

Super Mom

I think I love being busy.

I love the feeling of accomplishment I get when everything goes smoothly, or even semi-smoothly. When I look at my schedule, all written out and ready for me to get at it, I feel like I'm flying.

Seriously, it's very odd and probably psychotic, but I become very confident that I can do anything. It's a mixture of anticipation and determination that produces joy.

Of course, it only lasts until I tell the boys to put on their shoes for school and fifteen minutes later Nick appears in flip flops, Nate in black socks and sneakers, and Andrew can't remember where he took his off. Then I start yelling and the nice feeling goes away. But hey - it was there for a moment, which means it's all doable.

1 comment:

Susan's Losin' said...

How about putting their shoes and socks in the kitchen the night before so that there is no confusion! I know, sounds easy, but just a thought. Love your sense of organization and planning. I'm still learning!