Tuesday, September 21, 2010

Sick Day

We've had our first sick day already.

Nick caught a cold. Early one morning I overheard him coughing that barking cough. We kept him home for a couple of days, but he seems better, now.

While he was out, he messed everything up. We couldn't go to the pool. I couldn't make him do Karate. Worse, I had to take him grocery shopping, which means stopping for a cookie, haggling over breakfast cereal, coaxing him away from the ice-cream, and reminding him to keep up every thirty seconds or so. By the time we made it home, I realized I would not have enough time to run on the treadmill before picking up the other kids. This made me very grumpy.

But, once Andy was asleep, I took the older kids downstairs and ran for an hour. I started out slow, but managed to get more than 10k in, and it felt wonderful. I wish I could do that every single day. Like, maybe Monday?

3 comments:

Jamie said...

10K holy cow!! Well done Kathleen!!

Jamie said...

Nick- I'm so sorry you're not feeling well. :(

Lindax0x0x0x0x said...

Go Mommy, go!

And you get better fast, Nick!