Friday, September 03, 2010

Last Few Days


The last few days of summer are here.

With school starting, there are even fewer warm days to take advantage of, and I find myself scrambling to fit everything in. We're dragging out the water toys one last time, taking that last trip to the sprinkler park, a final Saturday at the beach...

When I was a kid, summer was forever. Now it's just a couple of weeks in between school grades. I'm trying to fit a lifetime of summer activities into these summer weeks, and there's no way to enjoy it that way.

With fall here and school starting, not to mention the karate, the gymnastics, the piano, the library story hours... I need to take a breath. I need to remember to let a few things happen on their own. I don't need to schedule every memory or arrange every detail. Maybe we'll get to go apple picking this year. Maybe not. We'll have to see. No big deal either way.

2 comments:

Jamie said...

I hear you. Not ready for summer to be over...not ready for fall to be here.

Lindax0x0x0x0x said...

I am sooo ready for the cool Breezy days & nights of fall to be here -- bring it on! Summer be gone!