Friday, March 03, 2006

HAPPY BIRTHDAY EMILY!

My Sister Emily is 26 today. Which just makes me old.

I decided to start celebrating Emily's birthday last night by having a glass of wine after Nicholas threw a fit for NO REASON just before dinner, refused to eat or drink anything, cried all through a bath, and fell asleep an hour earlier than usual.

This was stupid, bcause at 8pm he woke up, and expressed interest in watching "AirForce One" with us. (My dad picked the movie.) I cajoled him back into bed and back to sleep, only to have him wake up at midnight, crying. I tried sleeping in his bed with him, rocking him, reading to him - nothing worked. Finally, at 2am, I asked him if he was hungry, as he hadn't eaten anything since lunch. He said yes, then promptly threw up on both of us, and on his bed.

So there I was, at 2am, so tired I couldn't see, changing PJ's and sheets as Nick cried. I was also covered in puke at the time.

So far today Nick's temperature has reached 101 F and My mother and I had to wrestle with him to get him to swallow some cough syrup. I tried giving him a popsicle, since he still hasn't ingested anything since lunch yesterday, and he liked the popsicle idea, but only to hold. He would scream each time I tried moving it near his mouth. Between the cough syrup and the popsicle we managed to cover all of our clothing, the floor, and the couch in purple sticky goo.

I am now doing laundry, washing all purply puky items, and a few other things than fit in the washer so why not?

Happy Birthday, Em! If there's a better way to celebrate your birth, I know not what it is.

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

Ya' know, he was soooo cute in the previous picture that I cannot believe he could possibly be cranky, puky &/or sick! You are just making that up so you can drink wine! But I say Happy Birthday to Em toooooooooo! ;-)

Jamie said...

isn't it weird when you think you're hungry, but you actually have to throw up? poor nick. poor you, i'm really sorry.