Monday, March 06, 2006


This post was going to be 24 hours of my life. It was going to convey the chaos of the early morning hours when both boys wake up at 4:15 AM, the insanity that is both boys crying simultaneously, and how great it is to change Nates diaper four times before 6am. It was going to include gems such as finding out the "clunk" I heard while changing Nate's diaper in the dark was Nick's sip cup with the medicine in it, which has leaked all over the bottom shelf - the one with the diapers and the shoes. Or the one how I managed to GAIN weight instead of loose it this past week (I still have 35 pounds of baby weight to loose.) And finally, it was going to show how effortlessly I juggled all of my responsibilities, such as the laundry, making appointments, doing the dishes, etc. It would leave the reader in absolute awe.

But honestly, I only got to 8am before I realized the post was longer than my usual post.

Then I was going to write about the Academy Awards, an Awards show I used to watch religiously, the same way other people might watch the Superbowl, or a horse race. But this year I was a bit removed, since the only movie I had seen was CRASH, which I thought was absolutely horrible. Well, not THAT horrible. I understand the significance of the topic at hand, but I hated having my face rubbed in it. I also thought the cast was amazingly talented and beautiful, and there were moments I found touching and others that made me laugh. However, I often found that I was laughing at moments I was supposed to find touching, simply because it was so cheesy. And I found the dialogue unbeleivable. So I was surrirsed when it won Best Screenplay, and promptly fell asleep, missing it win the Best Picture title as well. (Again, it's the only movie in ALL the categories that I managed to see - perhaps the others were just worse?)

So here you are: my focus-less post. Although I'm not sure it's really different than my other posts. The truth is, it takes too much time to finely construct a post that is organized, says anything deep, or is concise. Instead you get the ramblings of a woman mad with sleep deprivation. Too bad for you!

By the way, this IS a photograph of Nicholas pouring salt onto the table. Sorry it's blurry, but I was torn. It's hard to take a picture while you're shouting "Stop it right now!"

2 comments:

Jamie said...

I sympathize with your being so sleep deprived, but you're really funny when you're this loopy. Every new mother should read your blog. I'm sure you take the words right out of their mouths.

Anonymous said...

I agree. Its much more interesting reading your ramblings and almost feeling like i'm actually living every moment with you!!!
Hope nick's better soon and you finally get sonme extremely refreshing sleep. It sounds like you need it. All the best.
Hannah (Debs' sister)