Monday, March 13, 2006

We're back from New York! We saw a lot of people that dropped by for a quick hello on Saturday, and left early Sunday morning. (So if I know you and you live in NY and I didn't tell you I would be there, please forgive. I knew we wouldn't have enough time to do everything, and I opted for sanity.

I have to say that I love visiting my family. But driving to New York is a major pain in the neck. We were making fantastic time until we got caught in that awful traffic on the Cross Bronx Expressway - some of the worst traffic I have been in my entire life. Worse than the time Steve and I were on our way to New Jersey for our own wedding and we came to a standstill and the steering wheel started smoking and I was actually asking myself if I should grab my cat or my wedding dress out of the backseat first...

...but not as bad as the time Nick was four months old and I was driving back to New Hampshire with him by myself and it took me FOUR HOURS to get past the Cross Bronx Expressway, and he was crying in his carseat, facing the other direction, and I was trying to drive (very, very slowly, but I was still behind the wheel) and feed him a bottle and I had to pee very very badly and there was just no place to go...

One of the people we saw this weekend, Jim Egarian, told me that if New York needed an enema, the Cross Bronx would be where they'd stick the tube...

The trip was worth it. I'm glad we went. I'm glad we're back. As soon as I download the photos of the trip (all three of them) I'll share them with you all.

2 comments:

Lou said...

You are the most fun mom in the world to let Nick play with rolls of toilet paper!

Kathleen said...

Actually, there wasn't a lot of "let" to it. I turned around and there he was with that grin on his face. All I did was grab the camera and let him keep at it... until he jumped on them. We now have 12 very smushed rolls of toilet paper.