Friday, March 17, 2006


Nicholas has become an escape artist.

I don't know when it happened, or where he learned it all. He must have been taking lessons while I looked the other way. But the result is the same. He is now into everything all the time and there is NO STOPPING HIM.

It began one night when I put him to bed and then went to give Nathan a bath. Someone knocked on the door and I opened it, expecting Steve. But no - it was Nicholas, standing ther with his sip cup and saying "Hi!" in the high pitched voice he uses... Gunther had apparently helped him open the door to his room and he found us in the bathroom.

Yesterday morning I went in to get him for breakfast and he had climbed over the baby gate into his closet and was in there playing with his toys. The same thing happened at nap time - instead of sleeping he was playing. SO I put him in the crib and left to feed Nate. Two minutes later I heard one of his musical toys clinking away... That's right - HE CAN CLIMB OUT OF THE CRIB. There was nothing I could do. No nap for him. I just let him play in his closet for an hour.

The funny thing is, instead of crashing, he just got more and more hyper. WHen Steve came home he accused me of putting speed in the kid's juice. Which I would never, never do. But I could see why he would wonder, the way Nick was bouncing off the walls and singing and spinning and climbing and jumping and in all ways into everything without stopping. The only way to slow him down is to carry him. And he's WAY too heavy.

This photo is one of him actually stuck in the pot. Maybe he'll nap this way?

3 comments:

Debs said...

I feel like I haven't commented, so just wanted to say I'm still reading (and giggling!).

Debs said...

you can tell how tired I am - in my last post add 'on here for ages' after 'commented' and before the comma!

Anonymous said...

I love that pic of him stuck in the pot! Maybe if you put him in the pot & then put him in his crib, he'll stay! It's worth a try!