Sunday, March 26, 2006


Unless he's watching television or strapped into a carseat or booster chair, Nicholas doesn't stop moving. This makes taking pictures of him difficult. These pictures of failed Nicholas shots that would have otherwise made the cover of some international magazine for their brilliance in composition, but Nick had to keep moving. I decided to put them all together for a background theme as I describe (or complain about) last night / this morning.

Last night we ordered subs to be delivered, so I expected the evening to unfold seamlessly. This was not to be. About five minutes after Steve placed the order and ten seconds after I told Nick to take his fist out of his mouth before he choked himself, Nick threw up all over the floor and all over his new shirt. I don't know exactly why he has these little bouts of bulimic activity, but I think it has something to do with his back teeth coming in. The evening was made complete when Steve chose "It's Alive!" as the movie of the week. I don't know if you've ever seen this movine, but unless you're trying to torture yourself or your date, I wouldn't recommend it. It was one of those horror films that wasn't frightening in the least, and this one even lacked a respectable amount of gore, so it was mostly just stupid, and I'm a bit upset I spent my time watching it.

Steve made some comment about getting up with the boys this morning, but since it isn't his day, and since he's said things like that in the past anddoesn't get up, I should have known better. He just isn't programmed to get up as soon as one of the boys cries, whimperes, or starts fussing. He slept through it. And it seemed stupid for me to wake him up when I was already awake. After all, it was technically my turn. But he HAD said he would get up, so I couldn't help but feel a little put out and a little resentful, especially when I saw that Nick's diaper had leaked, and his PJs were all wet, not to mention the bedsheets. I was changing sheets and doing laundry at 6am on a Sunday, which is just plain wrong.

Thinking back on it, though, it's just as well I was the one to get up. Steve wouldn't have changed the sheets - it wouldn't have occured to him.

That's it for today's festival of complaints. If you're lucky, next week I will have photographs of my latest baking tragedies!

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Love the pic of Nick straddling the multiple remotes! A man in control of his domain!