Sunday, March 19, 2006

Yesterday I went to visit Betsy and her baby, Logan. Logan was born just about 2 months before Nathan - in November. (ummm November, December... yeah - two months.) However, if you would please just glance at the photograph I posted, you can see that, despite one being twice as old as the other, Logan and Nathan are pretty much the same size. (don't they both look so pleased to be in this photo?)

I've thought about it, and I've decided they are the same size because 1) Nathan needed to stay in a little bit longer and 2) Nicholas needed to come out a little bit sooner. But doctor's being how they are and having really strange policies about things like pregnancy difficulties, and inducing Betsy's labor, and not letting me induce mine... well, there you go. Our kids are pretty much the same size. (BTW - size has nothing to do with difficulty of labor. I would describe mine as going well, and BEtsy describes hers as pure hell as you can ready for yourself on her blog which is linked to this site - it's very funny.)

If you try interacting with them, you can tell Logan is older. He's very smiley and very cute (this photo I took doesn't do him justice), and even though Nate is cute and smiles at me, he doesn't interact in the same way. He's still mostly a lump of a baby. But I love him anyway, because he is mine.

Anyway, it was a nice visit, but short, since I was trying to get Nick out of Betsy's place before he emptied all their drawers, pulled all of their appliances out of the walls, and damaged their cat.

No comments: