Wednesday, March 15, 2006


Today is a historical day.

First and formost, it is the Ides of March. It is my understanding that "the Ides" basically means "the Fifteenth" and that there is actually also an ides of April, May, June, etc. But we remember The Ides of March because of what that crazy soothsayer said to Julius Ceasar - "Beware the Ides of March!" Also, it just happens to be the date that Ceasar was stabbed to death. "Et tu, Brute!" and all that fun stuff.

March 15th also happens to be Miranda's birthday. Miranda is a friend of mine from college. She is crazy - she actually admitted to breaking into my house and stealing Nick's sippy cups. But whatever. It's her birthday, so I'll forgive her.

And last but not least, my mother is getting knee replacement surgery today. Ick. Ick, I say. But I know her knee has been hurting her for a while, and this operation is long overdue. So best of luck to her. I wish her no complications and a speedy recovery. May she be hiking the streets of New York, Thailand, and Ste. Maxime within the next few months, pain free and happy.

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Okay, it's none of my business, but I am really curious: Doesn't Miranda know how to drink out of big girl cups yet? Why would she break in to steal Nicky's sippy cups? Let me know ahead of time next year & I will buy her a few of her own sippy cups!

Just talked to your Mom; she's fine. sounds strong. Will be released on Sunday! Call her!