Tuesday, August 22, 2006

Boy Talking


The following is a reconstruction of a real live conversation that took place on Sunday night. I couldn't have made this one up if I tried.

The phone rings one and a half times.
Steve picks up the phone.

Steve: Hello?
Nick (on upstairs phone): Hi!
Telemarketer: Hello, I'm calling from an independant blah blah-
Nick: Hi Daddy! Boy Talking?
Telemarketer: -and I'm looking for a registered voter?
Nick: Boy Talking?
Steve: Why don't you talk to my son. I don't know if he's registered. He's two - he'll answer your questions.
Steve hangs up the phone. He walks upstairs. Upstairs, Nicholas still has the phone to his ear.
Nick: Boy talking? Boy talking?
Steve hangs up the phone for him.

By the way, Nicholas has not yet stopped calling himself "Boy." However, he also sometimes calls himself "Nicholas." As in "Nicholas toy?" Or "Nicholas Funny?"

3 comments:

Anonymous said...

Nicholas VERY funny! That is the best story ever. Can Nick come over and talk to the telemarketers that call my house? I will repay him in hackysack lessons!

LOVE YOU!

Jamie said...

i second that idea, send him over to everyone's house to speak to with telemarketers. screw hackysack lessons, he can get paid in cash for that service

Jamie said...

english break every day when study new langige