Wednesday, August 23, 2006

Have you Seen My Son?


It's like a Steven King novel. Over the past two or three weeks, my son has become... SOMEONE ELSE! Remember how I used to say Nathan was my calm, low maintenance baby? Ha.

Nathan can now move, so instead of sitting where I put him, he immediately begins creeping across the room, pulling his body along like the Zombies from Dawn of the Dead. (the old one, not the new one where the zombies have super human strength and can run like cheetas. I'm sure Nate's saving THAT for when he learns to walk.)

Nathan's moving around means that many things we loved - books, boxes, letters, have been chewed and rendered into pulpy goo. In some cases actually eaten. Other items we keep taking him away from. Wires, coins, paper clips, pens... Once you take something away from him, Nate will protest by screaming and crying.

Nathan loves moving. But it's not enough. See, he knows what he wants, and he will not be appy until he gets it. What this kid wants is to STAND. And WALK! He pushes himself up on his legs, so that he's stuck in a downward dog position, but then he can't get his upper body up. So he protests by screaming and crying.

When I change his diaper he would rather be moving around, so he protests by screaming and crying. When I change Nicky's diaper Nathan tries to climb up my body so that he can stand. When I move him away from me and his brothers icky diaper, he protests by screaming and crying.

He wakes up three or four times a night and tries to pull himself up on his crib rail. Then he protests his existance by screaming and crying.

Oh - and he hates baby food. That mushy stuff? YEah - who has time for THAT! He wants FOOD! So I've had to buy toddler food - mushy chicken sticks and fruit and veggie cubes. He eats those, when he can actually get them into his mouth. When he doesn't he protests by... yep. Screaming and crying.

Oh - Nate has a tooth coming in. He's been drooling for three months, but the first tooth is finally peeping out! Hooray! Except now I need to stop breast feeding RIGHT NOW. Because quite honestly, it's become painful.

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Sounds like Nathan is ready to take off any minute -- they sure grow up fast -- the good news is you probably won't need your treadmill any more.

Adorable picture -- (both so precious) so glad you have a new camera.