Monday, August 07, 2006

wrong side of the bed


I woke up this morning with my nerves already rubbed raw. I wa so tired, because Steve is away and I never sleep as well when he's gone. Also, Nathan decided to practice sitting up by himself ALL NIGHT last night, and I would go in to nurse him and put him back to sleep and he would be AWAKE, complete with cooing and laughing and for some reason kickng me in the gut.

This morning, just before 6am, he woke up AGAIN and I took him into the bed with me. He wasn't hungry, he just wanted to alternate scratching me, pulling my hair, and kicking me, and I was doing my best to sleep through it. But Nick woke up and that was that.

Nicholas, on the other hand... I told him we would go to the library today. I should never tell him ANYTHING like that, because then I said "OK, let's go get breakfast!" And he was clearly injured "No! Library!" And I said "No, not yet, we have to eat breakfast and get dressed before we can go to the library." Nick began to cry. "The library is closed, Nick." He started crying louder. "Nick! It's 6am! Nothing is open yet and anyone that can still sleep is still sleeping! When the library is open we'll go! But not yet!" Nick kept crying, "Library! Library!" And of course by then I wanted to ship him off to the Library for keeps.

The day has been pretty much like that. The bananas were gross so I threw them out, and then that's all Nick wanted for breakfast. Nathan cried for 20 minutes and then refused to nap. Oh, and it's pouring rain. I took an Advil, somehow thinking Ibuprophin would have a Soma Tablet effect on my mood. But it was not to be. I hate it when I get like this, just edgy and cranky and short tempered and I know it but there's still nothing I can do about it. Except sleep, but that might as well be a trip to the moon at this point.

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

is that nick or nathan at the piano?-Anne-E.(is it an old photo or a new one?)

Kathleen said...

It's old. So... Nick
I still don't have a new camera for new pictures, but I think (I hope) it's coming soon!