Friday, August 04, 2006

I need a swimsuit

The photos I have been posting were taken on our Honeymoon to St. Lucia. In this one we were on a hike. We didn't actually have hiking gear, so both Steve and I were in sandals which got slippery when they got wet (on the inside, so your feet would slide IN the shoes) and I was also wearing my swimsuit.

I gave away this swimsuit, because, if you haven't noticed, it's a two piece. I also gave away my string bikini and the one piece that no longer fit over... well, over ME. I refuse to wear my maternity swimsuit, which is a tankini with a flowy top that immediately floats to the top of the water unless you are pregnant enough for it not to be able to budge.

I purchased a swimsuit at Wal-Mart for my vacation to France, and I wore it, and it was OK. A bit small on bottom, big on top, but not indecent and I could get it on and off without a problem. This swimsuit was yanked out of my suitcase at the airport and left on the plane with other items of dirty laundry.

So now I need a swimsuit, because I will be visiting a friend with a pool in a little over a week. And the stores have already decided that swimsuit season is over. Now the displays are all back-to-school displays. I'm sure I could find onw if I had the time, but really, I have two small children, one who climbs out of the cart and pulls things off shelves. I do not have time to browse. WHERE TO GO?

3 comments:

Anonymous said...

I swear by LandsEnd.com. I have 3 of their swimsuits and have loved them all. And their website lets you build a virtual model of yourself with enough detail to really represent your body. And whats best is they have mix and match tankinis which allows you to buy pieces separately according to your body shape. www.landsend.com

Love you!!! Jules

Debs said...

People in my house have bought stuff from landsend too and found them useful. Probably worth a try.

Lou said...

Let me be the third to suggest Land's End! They have good, um, coverage. Gee, I'm getting old.