Monday, August 14, 2006

Gather Together


I got sent a link to this new site. Gather.com.

I was introduced to this site via the Bzzz agency. I guess they are trying to create Bzzzz about this site. I wasn't terribly excited about it because I already have a blog I post to EVERY DAY. I already have a friendster account. And I already have an online kodak account. DO I REALLY NEED TO JOIN SOMETHING ELSE?

Of course not. But George was Curious, and so was I. SO I checked it out.

It's a bit difficult to navigate at first. I still can't figure out parts of it. But I like being able to write "articles" and send them to people. I like being able to join a group of stay-at-home moms. I like being able to read poetry and short stories written by other people. People have invited me to join their goups! Unlike friendster, where I feel that I'm OLD, most of the people on Gather are grown ups. Unlike posting on a blog (which I probably will not stop doing) I'm posting to a groups of people. I can get notified when certain people post their articles, too.

SO for about a week I've been writing, posting photos, commenting on other people's work... it's kind of fun. I feel like I'm making friends or actually interacting with people, which is sad, but also good for me, in a strange placebo-like way.

Anyway, if you've got the time, check it out. Look me up!

No comments: